Sunday, August 30, 2009

Letter from Mama - Week Two


Dear Riley,

You are officially two weeks old today. I’m sorry I haven’t written sooner, but it’s really hard to pull myself away from you now to send an email to the future you.

You’ve had a big week! At your second doctor’s appointment, you weighed a whopping 7 pounds 12 ounces, but I’m confident you are over 8 lbs by now. You’ve mastered the ‘trifecta’ of poop, pee & puke all at once, so we finally had to give you your first bath - luckily it didn’t wash away your sweet baby smell.

You met some more new friends and took your first trip to our house in East Hampton. (You slept the whole way!) Your belly button stump came off too – another reminder that you’re your own little person now and not part of me anymore. It’s a little sad to think that, but after 10 months of your heels in my ribs, I’m happy to relinquish your uterine dwelling.

Also new this week, you had your first trip to Main Beach (again, you slept right through it.) Mom and dad were thrilled to see the sand for the first time ALL SUMMER. We went on our first of many shopping excursions to Kmart, TJ Maxx and the Gap (Mama needed some new pants) and guess what!? Yep. You slept right through!!!

Your dad and I were just saying how strong you are getting! You can lift your head so well now and love looking around over our shoulders. Dad was trying to change your diaper this morning and you wouldn’t unclench your little legs. Such a stinker!

My favorite thing you do these days is the funniest little lion roar/snort when you are starting to eat. It’s pretty hard to describe, but it sure is hilarious. I’d try to catch it on video, but not so sure about that since you’re still breastfeeding and someday you’ll think that’s super weird.

We’re driving out to the beach for the week and you are whimpering quietly in your sleep. It’s grey and rainy and so cozy to have our little family snug in the car. Hope you are having sweet dreams, little man!

I love you.

Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment