Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Beautiful FInisher Medal

I'm so sorry for the overdue announcement, but DANG how can I stop inhaling this delicious new baby smell for more than a second!?!?!?


Riley Anson Maloy
was born Saturday, August 15th at 4:50pm
at St. Vincent's Hospital in NYC.
7 pounds, 10 ounces. 20.5 inches

Rick and I couldn't be more thrilled! He is PERFECT and healthy and had had quite the epic arrival.

I started my 'race report' in the hospital and quickly realized the recap (like the labor) was not going to be quick. I'll keep working on it and get it posted sometime soon. In the meantime, I'll share the email announcement Rick so cleverly wrote after 3 days in labor. I'm still amazed he could form a sentence, much less think creatively, so he gets MAJOR dad kudos for this one.

From: riley.maloy@emailaddress.com
To: My Friends and Family
Date: Saturday, August 15th, 9:52 pm
Subject: Hello, World!


Hey Everyone,
I just moved to NYC today and man is this town cool. Where else would a swinging single dude want to live, but here in the Big Apple? Truth be told, the trip here was a bit longer than I expected. I didn't think it would take 51 hrs.

It was a good thing I did move, since the plumbing in my old place really went haywire. Get this...I was hanging in my pad, chillin' in the hot tub starting around 2PM on Thursday, when out of now where the tub springs a leak and all the water come rushing out. I was soaking for a long time so it was about 7PM on Friday. Since I was moving, I figured I'd wait around for the repairman for as long as I could to fix it for the next tenant, but the repairman never came and I fell asleep. The next thing I know a hurricane hits at 4:50PM on Saturday August 15th and shears the roof off my house. Luckily someone yanked me out through the roof and then wrapped me in a blanket. Must of been hurricane relief from the Red Cross, they were really nice and airlifted me to my new home.

As I was flying over my old house, I saw them stitch up the roof. I was glad the old place was still intact and doing well. They weighed me before the flight to see if we had to rearrange any weight on the plane, but I'm happy to report that I'm tipping the scales at a cool 7lbs. 10oz. so they didn't have to do anything. Leg room was nice my 20 and 1/2 inch frame fit perfectly.


My cool new friends, Rick and Heather say that I have a ton of people to meet and I'm looking forward to it. They say you are all fantastic and really fun. Apparently we're staying at St. Vincent's for a few extra days for some much needed R&R. A few vacation photos are attached, sorry couldn't resist.


Look for my launch party sometime in late Sept. I hear we throw great terrace parties.


See you soon.


Riley Anson Maloy


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! I have been wondering how things are going for you... glad to hear all's well!

    And that letter? *The Most Creative* thing I've ever read! Yes, your husband scores some good points there. :)

    ReplyDelete