Sunday, September 27, 2009

Under Construction

Ironman training officially starts tomorrow! I got clearance from the doctor to resume all activities on Friday, so I made it just in the nick of time!

Today was my maiden run voyage. Test driving the 'new model' Mom Body 2009 was pretty cool. I was tempted to click my heels at every crosswalk I was that happy to be running again! I did 40 minutes at what seemed like a snail's pace, with just a few 30 second walk breaks. For the most part, the engine was fine. I am happy to report that all the major components are in good working order and handled the ride nicely! (I was due to feed the little man as soon as I got home, so the, um, tanks were, um, full and well...I think I need to work on a better restraint system. Any suggestions?)

Facing down Week 1 of the "Foundation Phase" I couldn't be more excited. I'm heading to Ft. Lauderdale with Riley on Wednesday for some time with the grandparentals and look forward to some beach running and ocean swimming! I'll meet the team on Tuesday night for our first run and strength session, but I'll sadly miss our first bike and swims. Part of me wants to show up on Tuesday with a billboard that says "Under Construction: This Body is 6 Weeks Postpartum."

Seriously, who starts Ironman training in MATERNITY PANTS? Ha!

This should be fun! Wish me luck!

1 comment: