Sunday, September 13, 2009

Letter from Mama - Week Four

Dear Riley,
You’re the center of a big debate today. Are you a month old or just 4 weeks? I think I’ll say 4 weeks and count the 15th as your official 1 month birthday. I don’t want you to grow up too fast already!

So let’s see - this week was your official launch party. You met lots of new friends and Anne Williams brought you your first bottle of liquor. Only 20 years and 11 months until you can drink it! The party was great and everyone was so happy to meet you. Dad had to leave early with Uncle Steve, John Belford and Jack to go see the Yankees game. We watched Derek Jeter tie Lou Gerhig’s hit record, which will be pretty neat to you someday in the future!

You surprised me the other day when suddenly I felt a tiny hand grabbing at my arm. It was so sweet! You can grab at things and are so much more alert now. You also found your thumb a few times this week, which is totally adorable. Dad loves playing with Mr. Duckie because you watch and smile. You can burp and fart like a full grown man which just cracks us up! I’m sure someday that will come back to haunt us, but for now we think you are pretty funny!

Well, angel face, I only have a few minutes before you wake up to eat and I need to get ready for bed before you do.

I love you more than the world!

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment