Sunday, November 15, 2009

Training Habits

I promised to make blogging one of my training habits. Unfortunately it's one that's easily broken. I'm turning over a new leaf and will add the 4th leg of my IM training back in ASAP. In the meantime, today is Month 3 and so it means another Letter from Mama. Stay tuned in the coming days as I get myself back on track - well, blogwise at least!

Letter from Mama - Month Three

Riley - Our little man,

Happy Three Months! Really, these three months have been happier than I ever imagined and each day just gets better. Our little house now sparkles with your sweet laughter and your little voice chattering away. You’ve grown so much (tipping the scales at a whopping 15 or so pounds now; 13 at your last doctor’s visit.) Your first series of shots traumatized me so much more than you, as did your first fever. Yeeek. These days you are great at grabbing things with both hands, love to sit up like a big boy (with some help of course) and think watching people eat is super interesting. You laughed your head off watching us eat popcorn. We’re glad you are so easily entertained!

You’ve had so much going on this month it requires listing -


• Adding more states to the ongoing list - North Carolina, Rhode Island, Connecticut & Massachusetts
• Your first subway ride and some apartment hunting.
• On the family front - Visiting with Auntie Phyllis was fun. She’s your Great, Great Aunt. (She really is great!) Of course this also means you played your first game of Skip-Bo and got to visit the Old Candy Store and Mary’s Little Schoolhouse. (You know Mary of the Little Lamb fame!?)Cousins Gretchen & Siri were so happy to meet you. (And see you have your first meltdown in a restaurant!) Uncle Morgan took a turn at babysitting. To you he’ll always be so old, but leaving my baby brother home with you, my baby, sure was strange! GranBarb came to visit for your first NYC marathon (Dad rocked at 4:02) and Aunt Kim and Cousin Deanna came to visit too!
• Mom had her first night away from home since you were born (I couldn’t sleep!) and you got to hang out with Dad for a fun boy’s weekend. I sure did miss you but had loads of fun at triathlon camp in the mountains. I can’t wait to share the adventure someday!
• You experienced your first Wake Forest football heartbreak, saw the Deke house and met a load of fun folks in Winston-Salem. Cheering on Mom’s Seminoles was fun, but hanging out with Dad’s college friends was even better. What did you think of your first tailgate?
• You were the cutest traveling gnome for Halloween, even though you only got to parade around the house and you’ll have to wait another year before you get any candy!
• As we predicted in April, you were the lucky charm NY needed because THE YANKEES WON THE WORLD SERIES! Dad was at the final game, but I wouldn’t have traded my seat for the world….we watched Game 6 curled up together on the couch.

So, little bug every day your cheeks get a little more chunky and your words get a little more clear. Soon tiny teeth will pop through and change your baby face forever. For now, we are savoring every drooly minute. You are the cutest little munchkin and we love you to pieces. If I could slow down time, I sure would. You are growing so quickly. Keep up the good work!

Love,
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment