Wednesday, July 29, 2009

And the goblins gonna getcha...


Why is it that the demons in your head only come out at night?

I should be fast asleep right now, my whale of a body nestled into a cradle of supportive pillows. Instead I'm yawning on the couch, wondering what sort of fool signs up for an Ironman before even having the baby? I think I need to go back and re-read My Plan and maybe attack some of the obnoxious remarks these nighttime demons are making.

I am certain I'll be spending a lot of midnight moments on this couch in the upcoming months, and I'll be damned if the goblins are going to get me. I can do whatever I put my mind to. I can make it work if I want to. I can be a new mom and a triathlete at the same time.

So take that, demons!

Off to build my pillow nest now. Will this baby EVER get here??????




No comments:

Post a Comment